Our policy about protection of personal information
On the website of Division of University Corporate Relations of the University of Tokyo (hereinafter, the “Website”), personal information is handled under the following policy.
- The University of Tokyo (hereinafter, the University) will handle personal information appropriately, complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Personal Information Protection Law) and other relevant laws and regulations.
- When obtaining personal information, the University will specify the purpose(s) of use and notify or publish about the obtainment, and conform to the purpose(s) of use.
- The University will implement measures necessary for preventing illegal access to, and leakage, loss, and falsification of personal information, and for making corrections.
Purposes of use
On this website, the University will not use personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the following purposes of use, without consent of the information holder.
- As means of communication for responding to an inquiry that has been sent
- As means of communication for notifying updated information on the website
- For improving the contents of the website
Please note that the University might provide personal information to outsourcing parties (approved TLOs and others) with whom the University has concluded a confidentiality agreement, within a scope necessary for achieving the above purposes of use. Also, inquiries about the information posted on the website might be forwarded to relevant divisions of the University as necessary.
Disclosure, notification, correction, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, etc.
When requested to correct, add, or delete the personal information obtained on the website because the personal information is not factual, the University of Tokyo will make the correction and others within a reasonable period and scope in accordance with the request after confirming that the requesting person is the holder of the information, and notify the requesting person on the situation. If requested to suspend use or delete the personal information because the personal information is being used for purposes other than the purposes of use or being provided inappropriately to a third party, the University will conduct necessary investigation and suspend the use of or delete the personal information within a reasonable period after confirming that the requesting person is the holder of the information, and notify the requesting person on the situation.